HAGÅTÑA--The Guam Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominations for the 2020 Guam Business Hall of Fame Laureate Awards--prestigious awards that pay tribute to outstanding companies and business leaders who have made exceptional contributions to business growth in Guam.
There are two categories for the Laureate award: 1) Individual; and, 2) Company. Any individual or for-profit enterprise licensed to do business in Guam is eligible for the award. Laureates to the Guam Business Hall of Fame will be selected on the basis of key criteria.
- be recognized as a model entrepreneur, having their own money at risk in the spirit of free enterprise, and having made a significant contribution to the success of their company or profession; have developed a company or structure that enhanced productivity, quality and profits;
- have served as a role model; encouraged others to be entrepreneurs;
- have demonstrated civic as well as corporate leadership; and,
- have resided or worked in Guam at least 10 years.
- be recognized as having been a successful business for at least 10 years and was/is a credit to their industry;
- have developed a product or service that met community needs;
- have demonstrated successful management of resources to enhance productivity and profitability over an extended period of time;
- have maintained good labor/management relations; encouraged others to be entrepreneurs; and,
- have demonstrated outstanding commitment to community involvement.
Nomination forms are available at the Chamber office (372 West Soledad Avenue, Hagåtña) and on the Chamber's website at: www.GuamChamber.com.gu. The deadline for nominations is 5:00 p.m., Friday, February 7, 2020. Selection will be made by a panel of judges comprised of representatives from the business community and the community-at-large.
The 2020 Laureate and Business Laureate will be inducted into the Guam Business Hall of Fame at the Chamber's 96th Anniversary celebration on May 9, 2020. A special program featuring the accomplishments of the awardees will be featured and a symbolic award will be presented.